There’s so much more to choosing a bathroom floor than just style and taste. If you’re thinking about redoing your bathroom floor, make sure to think about durability, your lifestyle, and budget. If spring has got you in the mood to renovate your bathroom, here are the advantages and disadvantages of the most popular flooring options
- Typically gives off a clean, crisp look. Tile comes in a variety of styles and finishes and can match nearly any home decor.
- It is easy to clean and stain resistant.
- Is durable and long lasting.
- Though there are non-slip tiles, tile is typically slippery and should be covered by a non-slip mat or rug.
- Can be very cold, especially on bare feet.
- Is typically inexpensive and comes in a variety of styles.
- The soft texture makes it a comfortable choice for children, the elderly, and pets.
- Vinyl reduces noise and footsteps.
- Because vinyl is softer than most other flooring options, it can be easily damaged by sharp objects.
- Colored vinyl can fade if it’s exposed to direct sunlight, so it’s not advised for bathrooms with large windows.
- Is the most eco-friendly flooring choice because it is made from sustainable materials.
- Typically costs half the price of hardwood flooring.
- Is ideal for wet and damp environments.
- Bamboo is difficult to break completely, however it scratches very easily.
- There are few color and staining options available.
- Certain types of Chinese bamboo may contain high levels of toxic chemicals (like formaldehyde-based glues and finishes).
And if that new bathroom renovation also includes new glass fixtures or mirrors, call Action Glass! We’ll take care of all your glass product needs. We are a licensed & insured, family owned and operated business with over 45 years of experience in all things glass related! Our services include new glass mirrors, shower doors, windows, and more. For more information, give us a call us at 800-24-GLASS!